Serafina Concannon is Of Counsel in Caplin & Drysdale’s Bankruptcy and Complex Litigation practice groups.
Ms. Concannon advises individuals and corporations on all aspects of litigation at both the state and federal level. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on bankruptcy litigation. Ms. Concannon works to protect the rights and interests of creditors, tort claimants, and official creditors’ committees in mass tort bankruptcies.
Select examples of Ms. Concannon’s representations include:
- representing debtor, former officers and directors of a debtor, and tort claimants, in several cross-border Chapter 15 and Chapter 11 bankruptcies;
- advising monoline insurers, a liquidating trust, and federal agencies in claims against major banks and mortgage originators that arose out of collapsed mortgage-backed securities and resulted in recoveries of over $25 billion; and
- counseling an official committee of unsecured creditors in one of the largest bankruptcies in history seeking the return of billions of dollars in cash collateral that resulted in a favorable settlement.
Ms. Concannon is an adjunct professor at Georgetown University Law Center, where she teaches three courses on litigation. Prior to joining the firm, she practiced complex commercial litigation and white collar investigations at an international law firm in Washington, D.C. and New York. Ms. Concannon received her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center, and her bachelor’s degree from New York University, where she double-majored in linguistics and psychology, and was a Nathan Ends Scholar and a member of the Phi Beta Kappa and Psi Chi honor societies.
Admissions & Education
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010
B.A., New York University, 2005, magna cum laude
- Ms. Concannon is fluent in Russian.
Legal Intern, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Honorable Roslynn R. Mauskopf, 2008
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Other Professional Affiliations
Member, Women in eDiscovery
Co-Chair of Litigation Forum, Women’s Bar Association
Newsroom & Publications
Publications & Alerts
- 09.20.2020 | New York Journal , Article
- 02.26.2020 | Law360, Article