"For half a century, Caplin & Drysdale has attracted lawyers and support staff from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. We provide a stimulating work environment that encourages individual career development."
- MORTIMER M. CAPLIN, FOUNDING MEMBER
In an era when law firms are growing rapidly and multinational accounting firms are pursuing the practice of tax law, Caplin & Drysdale chooses to remain a boutique firm. For over half a century, we have focused on providing unparalleled service to our clients in a culture that enables our lawyers and staff to have full and enriched lives.
As a boutique, we offer sophisticated legal services in tax, litigation, political law, and exempt organizations. We serve some of the largest multinational corporations in the world; as well as high-net-worth individuals and their families; and several of the nation's most prominent foundations, public charities, and other nonprofit organizations.
The firm rarely handles "routine" tax matters, with most of our engagements involving issues of first impression requiring creativity and sophisticated legal analysis. Caplin & Drysdale's attorneys possess outstanding academic and professional credentials, including Supreme Court clerkships and experience as senior government officials and federal prosecutors.
At Caplin & Drysdale, you will encounter a collegial, family-oriented environment. Our open-door policy gives you direct access to and interaction with every attorney and staff member from the President, to Firm Management, to the Board of Directors.
If you are looking for a collaborative environment where you can make a difference in the lives of your fellow colleagues and our clients, then Caplin & Drysdale would love to hear from you.
Notable honors achieved by the firm and its practice groups
- Since 2015, Vault listed has Caplin & Drysdale in the Top 150 Under 150 which highlights the best midsized law firms for law students and laterals based on prestige, quality of life, and professional growth opportunities.
- Vault ranked Caplin & Drysdale's tax practice among the top 15 in the nation based on prestige as voted on by nearly 17,000 associates from across the nation and around the world.
- Several Caplin & Drysdale practice groups were ranked Tier 1 by U.S. News-Best Law Firms nationally and regionally.
- The Legal 500 recommended Caplin & Drysdale as a "Top-Tier Firm" focusing on the firm's primary practice areas.
- The firm's Complex Litigation Group was "Recommended" by Benchmark Litigation as a leading practice in the District of Columbia.
- The 2018 ABA ROLI International Pro Bono Award was presented to the International Tax Controversy Team by American Bar Association for their work in the Republic of Croatia.
- Caplin & Drysdale was awarded the "International Tax Team of the Year" by The Legal 500 two years in a row.
Caplin & Drysdale, Chartered prohibits any discrimination or harassment based on a person's race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, personal appearance, veteran status, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other grounds prohibited by federal, District of Columbia, or state law. Caplin & Drysdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer.