Katy Zendeh is an Associate in Caplin & Drysdale’s Complex Litigation and Bankruptcy practice groups.
Ms. Zendeh represents both individual and corporate clients in state and federal matters across the country. Her practice centers around complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on bankruptcy litigation. In particular, she works to protect the rights and interests of creditors, tort claimants, and official creditors’ committees in mass tort bankruptcies and other bankruptcy cases involving substantial liabilities. For example, she has played a key role in:
- Representing an official creditors’ committee in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy resulting in an agreed plan of confirmation;
- Deposing the Chief Transformation Officer of a debtor pharmaceutical company;
- Opposing debtors’ preliminary injunction motions on behalf of tort claimants and official creditors’ committees in several bankruptcies; and
- Representing an official creditors’ committee in a successful mediation with the debtor.
Ms. Zendeh has provided clients with a full range of services in a number of noteworthy bankruptcy cases, including:
- Kaiser Gypsum Company, Inc. and Hanson Permanente Cement, Inc. (Bankr. W.D.N.C.)
- Mallinckrodt PLC, et al. (Bankr. D. Del.)
- DBMP LLC (Bankr. W.D.N.C.)
- Paddock Enterprises, LLC (Bankr. D. Del.)
- Aldrich Pump LLC and Murray Boiler LLC (Bankr. W.D.N.C.)
While at University of Texas School of Law, Ms. Zendeh was the Managing Editor of The Review of Litigation and was a National Appellate Advocacy Competition Regional Semifinalist. She served as a student attorney with the University of Texas Domestic Violence Clinic representing victims of domestic violence with a variety of civil legal problems. Ms. Zendeh also interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Texas.
Admissions & Education
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Newsroom & Publications