Jeanna Rickards Koski is Of Counsel in Caplin & Drysdale's Washington, D.C., office, serving in the firm's Complex Litigation and Bankruptcy practice groups. Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Ms. Koski practiced civil litigation in Seattle, Washington.
At Caplin & Drysdale, Ms. Koski's practice focuses on representing individual and corporate clients on a range of complex issues in state and federal courts across the country. Clients include institutional investors and creditors' committees in matters involving general litigation, toxic tort litigation, and bankruptcy. Further, Ms. Koski acts on behalf of clients in fraudulent transfer and creditors' rights litigation.
Additionally, Ms. Koski's broad experience in toxic tort litigation comprises dealing with the constitutional issues that arise in such cases, and requires the briefing of complex issues of first impression before federal district courts, bankruptcy courts, and courts of appeals.
Select representations include:
- representing asbestos creditors at all phases of bankruptcy litigation, including in complex appellate litigation;
- addressing constitutional issues that arise in the negotiation, confirmation and possible appellate litigation related to bankruptcy plans;
- advising clients regarding plan negotiations and plan structuring to maximize the protection of creditors' rights under the plan;
- research complex issues of first impression, including procedural, constitutional, and state tort law issues that arise in the context of mass tort bankruptcies;
- draft pleadings for all stages of litigation, including appellate briefs;
- participate and manage the discovery process; and
- advise clients regarding best practices for restructuring.
Admissions & Education
Bar & Court Admissions
- Washington (inactive)
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2004
B.A., University of Washington, 2000
Newsroom & Publications
- 03.08.2019 | Caplin & Drysdale
- 02.01.2016 | Caplin & Drysdale, Press Release
Publications & Alerts
- Garvin and its Aftermath: The Ninth Circuit Upholds a Bankruptcy Plan Contemplating Income From a Cannabis-Related Source and Several Bankruptcy Courts Quickly Weigh In07.08.2019 | Article
- Supreme Court Alert: The Court Provides Additional Guidance on the Appropriate Level of Review of Determinations of Mixed Questions of Law and Fact by the Bankruptcy Court03.19.2018 | Lexology, Article
- Products Liability Plaintiffs Prevented From Seeking Recovery Against New GM Because the Bankruptcy Court Found Their Claims Were Not Assumed by New GM04.26.2016 | Lexology, Article
- 03.11.2016 | International Law Office, Article