VIDEO: Jeffrey Liesemer Featured in IR Global Interview on U.S. Insolvency Practices and Procedures
Caplin & Drysdale’s Jeffrey Liesemer, a Member of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Complex Litigation practice groups, is featured in an IR Global digital interview with Kyle Broadhurst, Director of Broadhurst LLC in the Cayman Islands. In the interview, Messrs. Liesemer and Broadhurst compare insolvency practices and procedures in the U.S. and the Cayman Islands. Please visit this link to access the full interview. For your convenience, below are links to specific segments of the interview and to related documents.
Mr. Liesemer is a member of IR Global’s International Insolvency Group, where he serves on the Group’s Steering Committee, which offers thought leadership on key issues concerning cross-border insolvency matters, including bankruptcy, litigation, and dispute resolution.
- Caplin & Drysdale Overview
- How do you two know each other?
- Can a debtor who is subject to insolvency proceedings obtain additional finance?
- Can a director, parent or partner entity be liable for insolvency debtors' debts?
- Can you explain the main insolvency procedures in your jurisdiction?
- Voidable transactions, when can the liquidator compel a creditor who has received a payment to pay it back to the company?
- What type of cases would you call on one another for assistance?
"Following The Money: Trends in Cross-Border Asset Recovery," March 6, 2018
"Avoiding the Voidable: Assessing Global Insolvency Practices and Processes," August 21, 2017