Caplin & Drysdale Welcomes Back Amanda Reed
Caplin & Drysdale is proud to welcome back Amanda Reed to the firm as an Associate in Exempt Organizations, Political Law, and Corporate Law practice groups. Ms. Reed represents private foundations, public charities, and other tax-exempt organizations on a range of tax, formation and operational issues, including:
- advising on domestic and international grantmaking and programmatic initiatives, including associated tax and regulatory compliance;
- counseling on IRS rules for advocacy, lobbying, and political campaign activities;
- guiding organizations through a variety of transactions including program and mission-related investments, joint ventures, mergers, dissolutions, intellectual property licensing, and loans;
- assisting nonprofits with board governance structures and best practices; and
- helping organizations establish and maintain tax-exempt status.
Before returning to the firm Ms. Reed was in-house counsel at one of the nation’s largest and most prominent private foundations. While in-house, she provided legal advice on grantmaking and other large programmatic initiatives, program and mission-related investments, intellectual property matters, tax, finance, communications, and policy advocacy.