James Wehner and Sharon Want to Speak at Nonprofits and Associations Forum
Exempt organization lawyers focus on working for "the good," but have to be prepared for dealing with "the bad." This program will cover the types of mistakes nonprofits make that lead to litigation, and what to do when you're facing litigation.
Key takeaways for nonprofit lawyers and EO executives include:
- Identifying and dealing with threats pre-litigation
- Understanding what EOs should do (and not do) once litigation begins
- Managing external parties during litigation, including insurance providers, PR firms, and outside counsel
- Managing internal parties during litigation, including communications teams, board members, executives and staff
- Reviewing the lessons learned from recent high stakes EO litigation