Wendy Barnett is an Associate in Caplin & Drysdale’s Bankruptcy and Complex Litigation practice groups.
Ms. Barnett works with the Bankruptcy and Complex Litigation group advising corporations, individuals, and nonprofits on complex issues in state and federal courts across the country.
Prior to joining Caplin & Drysdale, Ms. Barnett practiced commercial and civil litigation at an international law firm in Houston, Texas. She served as a law clerk for Senior U.S. District Judge Sim Lake in U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas and for the Supreme Court of Texas after finishing law school. During law school at the University of Texas School of Law, Ms. Barnett was inducted into the Order of the Coif and was awarded the Louis T. Pirkey Prize in Intellectual Property Law.
Admissions & Education
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2018, Order of Coif, Texas Law Review
B.A., The University of Texas at Dallas, 2010, magna cum laude
- Law Clerk, Justice John P. Devine, Supreme Court of Texas, 2018-2019
- Law Clerk, Senior U.S. District Judge Sim Lake, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2019-2020
Judicial Intern, Justice J. Brett Busby, Texas Fourteenth Court of Appeals
Judicial Intern, U.S. District Judge David Hittner, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas