"Caplin Cares" for a Cause Donates to Doctors Without Borders
"Caplin Cares for a Cause" raised $1,300 for Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), an international medical humanitarian organization that assists people in 70 countries whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe.
In 2014, the organization's medical teams:
- Carried out more than 8 million outpatient consultations;
- Delivered 194,400 babies;
- Treated more than 2.1 million people for malaria;
- Provided over 200,000 mental health consultations;
- Registered 229,900 HIV patients under care;
- Conducted more than 81,700 surgeries;
- Treated 46,900 people for cholera; and
- Vaccinated almost 1.5 million against measles and more than 75,100 against meningitis.
For more information on Doctors Without Borders, please visit their website at http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/.