Enough is Enough: The Time for Investor Protection Against Fraud is Now!"
Leslie Kelleher, member of Caplin & Drysdale's Civil Litigation practice, will be a panelist at the 3rd Annual Hedge Fund General Counsel Summit. Due to recent scandals, Hedge Funds need to prepare to face greater scrutiny and demands from investors, government and and the public. This conference aims to address the industry's concerns.
Title of Panel: Enough is Enough: The Time for Investor Protection Against Fraud is Now!"
Date: October 1, 2009
Time: 3:00 p.m. EDT
Location: Hyatt Regency, Greenwich, CT
Description: Some of the topics discussed in the panel include:
* History of Staggering Loss: Madoff, Stanford and Drier
* How Can Investors Protect Themselves?
* Due Diligence, Risk Management and Risk Mitigation
* Mechanics for Cutting Edge Investor Protection Products
* What is Covered and Can you Buy Excess?
* Capacity, Limit and Exclusions
* Geographical Limitations: Do They Exist
* Claims Response
* The Price of Protection
* Motivating Factors for the Investor and for the Fund
* The Nature of the Beast: as Long as Humans are Managing Funds Fraud Will Occur
* How do Funds Respond? Independent Administrators and a Greater Focus on Cus
For more information, please click here.