Shauna Polk is a compliance coordinator in Caplin & Drysdale's Political Law Practice. She joined the firm in 2010.
Ms. Polk supports some of the leading authorities on political activity law, campaign finance, lobbying and government ethics rules. She works with many of the firm's clients to develop and implement processes for their executive and administrative staff, consultants and vendors. Clients include political committees, corporations, trade associations, nonprofit organizations, think tanks, office holders, internet companies and their political action committees.
Her role involves:
- PACs compliance with federal, state, and local campaign finance laws
- Use of the Internet and television for political activity, government ethics requirements, lobbying registration, procurement law rulings, and related government affairs issues
- Development and implementation of client's internal compliance practices and procedures
- Training clients' executives and administrative staff on PAC disclosure compliance, campaign finance software programs (FECfile, Vocus, and Aristotle 360), internet tools, and lobbying disclosure
- Supporting clients with lobbying registration and reporting, pay-to-play and Foreign Agents Registration Act filings, IRS and state political organization tax filings, and related government affairs issues
Ms. Polk also performs regular financial reporting audits, budget analysis, and strategic planning research for federal and state political organizations.
Admissions & Education
B.S., Towson University, 2007, Maryland Higher Education Senatorial Scholarship; Principal's Academic Scholarship