User Support Specialist – Washington, D.C. Office
JOB TITLE: User Support Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
DIVISION: Information Services
REPORTS TO: Manager and Asst. Manager, Information Department
The User Support Specialist will serve as the firm-wide initial point of contact for technology-related support services and training initiatives. This position will receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end-user help requests utilizing the firm’s service desk software and escalating incidents when appropriate. This position will also create and conduct end user training using a classroom and virtual environment as well as online learning systems.
This position is part of a team, focused on providing exceptional service that exceeds user expectations. The proper candidate is a motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a desire to learn and expand technical proficiencies, and the ability to work within a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
User Support Specialist -
- Learn appropriate software, hardware, and cloud-based applications used and supported by the firm and remain current on procedural changes.
- Respond to requests for support via telephone, email, and in person while understanding the urgency of providing accurate and timely resolutions.
- Identify, research, and resolve problems with professionalism and enthusiasm while maintaining the proper level of confidentiality.
- Record the service desk incident-solving process, including all decisions and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledge bases as needed.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to other IT personnel.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Create training and reference materials for technology within Firm and conduct end user training.
- Create training videos and establish learning paths within our learning management systems.
Other Duties -
- Assist in the set-up and deployment of AV systems.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Firm Administrator, Manager, and Assistant Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in user support or legal/business environment handling documents and business communication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365 applications with a focus on document formatting in Word, tools and user options in Outlook, and proficiency in iManage. The preferred candidate may also have experience with Adobe Acrobat, Kofax Power PDF, and other office automation software.
- Ability to create and publish resolutions and maintain the IT knowledgebase.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to take the initiative when necessary.
- Able to handle critical situations in a fast-paced environment and maintain composure in stressful situations while working independently and with a team.
- Strong written and oral communication to effectively explain complex information in simple, clear terms to non-IT personnel.
- Interest in learning new technologies with the ability to absorb and retain information quickly. Maintains knowledge through independent skill development and team knowledge transfer.
Potential candidates, please send your resumes to Karla Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org.