Paralegal – Junior Level – Washington, D.C. Office
Job Title: Paralegal – Junior Level FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DIVISION: Private Client
REPORTS TO: Attorneys and Firm Administrator
SUMMARY: Caplin & Drysdale is seeking a junior level tax/estate and trust paralegal with 3-5 years of experience. Primary responsibilities will be to research, draft and file probate court documents, file wills in appropriate counties, draft federal and state estate and inheritance tax returns, and coordinate the collection and transfer of assets for probate estates and funded trusts.
Potential candidates, please send your resume to Karla Monroe at email@example.com.
Qualified applicants must have:
- At least 3+ years of recent experience as a paralegal. Tax/estate and trust experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and file management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work overtime and travel as needed.
- Ability to ensure proper docketing and timely filing of tax returns and court papers.
- Ability to prepare basic forms and filings for entity formations and annual statements.
- Ability to prepare and send correspondence, including composing transmittal letters.
- Ability to draft basic estate planning and trust-related documents.
- Ability in the administration of probate estates and funded trusts a must.
- Basic to intermediate understanding in using GEMS federal estate tax return filing system or other software.
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of Word, familiarity with Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and PowerPoint a must.
- Ability to speak and interact positively with clients, attorneys, governmental agencies, accountants/advisors banks, other financial institutions and other relevant third-parties to administration of trust.
- Ability to supervise all aspects of a project from copying and quality checking to filing and making sure documents are properly distributed to the attorney group.
- Ability to search Lexis-Nexis, and Westlaw.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal certificate preferable.
These are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable assistance or training provided by the Firm. The job may involve light lifting.