Litigation Paralegal - Mid-Level - Washington, D.C. Office
JOB TITLE: Litigation Paralegal – Mid-Level FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Attorneys & Firm Administrator
SUMMARY: Caplin & Drysdale is seeking a mid-level Litigation Paralegal with 3-5 years of experience. Primary responsibilities will be to review, edit and file monthly fee applications, and manage pleading and case files.
Potential candidates, please send your resume to Karla Monroe at email@example.com.
Qualified applicants must have:
- At least 3+ years of recent experience as a paralegal. Litigation and/or bankruptcy experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and file management skills, must be able to conceptually organize a case from cradle to grave and implement that vision in a seamless manner.
- Ability to work independently on complex litigation cases and understand complex issues.
- Ability to navigate the electronic court systems and understand how to obtain and follow rules and procedures for various courts. Ability to E-File.
- Ability to work overtime and travel as needed.
- Ability to read and analyze dense materials.
- Ability to write effectively and efficiently.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of litigation support database, Relativity.
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of Word, familiarity with Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and PowerPoint a must.
- Must be able to speak and interact positively with vendors regarding electronic data, conversions, creation of databases and copy jobs.
- Must be able to supervise all aspects of a project from copying and quality checking to filing and making sure documents are properly distributed to the attorney group.
- Ability to search Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, and PACER.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal certificate preferable.
These are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable assistance or training provided by the Firm. The job may involve light lifting.