Lateral Attorneys / Corporate Attorney (Senior Associate/Of Counsel) – Washington, D.C. Office
Caplin & Drysdale is seeking an attorney with a broad range of experience advising organizations on corporate and transactional matters. This attorney will work closely with the firm’s exempt organizations practice group to provide ongoing general counsel services to its clients. The attorney also will support the firm’s other practice groups, including political law, international tax, tax controversy, private client and litigation with corporate and transactional work. The attorney will work on a broad range of corporate, transactional, regulatory, compliance and governance matters.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements concerning a wide variety of events in the life of an organization including routine and complex commercial transactions such as leases, mergers and combinations (including due diligence), asset sales and purchases, financing transactions, contract and lease review and drafting, structural organizations and deals, gift agreements, use of subsidiary and affiliated organizations, the creation of joint ventures and other collaborative initiatives among multiple stakeholders.
- Supporting the resolution of board conflicts and disputes, addressing governance concerns and fiduciary obligations, and drafting and reviewing operational policies;
- Advising on corporate, LLC, and partnership formation, entity selection, structuring options, and dissolution;
- Expertise on intellectual property (registration and licensing), data privacy and employment law matters (preferred but not required);
- Experience working with tax-exempt organizations (preferred but not required);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to expeditiously identify and analyze issues and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practices and reason;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to interact effectively and work diplomatically with individuals at all levels;
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of and effectively resolve problems;
- Minimum of six years legal experience in a corporate transactional practice; and
- Active DC Bar membership or ability to be admitted to DC required.
We are open to part-time or full-time arrangements. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely and also from our office (post-COVID-19) in Washington, D.C.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. Please send resumes and writing samples (email preferred) to:
Ms. Nawel L. Moreno
Attorney & Paralegal Recruitment Manager
Caplin & Drysdale, Chartered
One Thomas Circle, N.W.
Washington, DC 20005
Fax: (202) 429-3301