Melissa Wiley Discusses IRS Late Filing Penalties on New York State Society of CPAs Webinar
03.02.2023 | 9:00 AM
Program: Avoiding and Contesting IRS Late Filing Penalties (Presenter)
Event Sponsor: New York State Society of CPAs
- This program will discuss the IRS procedures for assessing penalties, current IRS penalty enforcement priorities, and how to effectively navigate the IRS when it comes to penalties.
- Attendees will learn which methods of penalty-free late filing are available and how to qualify for each.
- The program will also discuss what to do if a late filing penalty has been assessed to best increase your client’s chances of abatement.
Who Should Attend
- Tax professionals with clients who have delinquent filings (especially international information returns) and/or have incurred late filing penalties
- Identify which late filing penalties are imposed on which returns
- Describe the IRS programs available for potentially avoiding penalties (including first-time abatement and the delinquent international information return submission procedures)
- Understand how to effectively challenge penalty assessments