Kirk L. Jowers is a Member in Caplin & Drysdale's Washington, D.C., office. He joined the firm in 2001.
Mr. Jowers has advised more than 30 Republican congressional candidates and provided legal counsel to three presidential candidates including George W. Bush's 2000 presidential campaign on Electoral College issues and in Broward County, Florida during the 2000 election recount controversy. He also has served as the Chairman (2007-2008) and General Counsel (2005-2008) of Mitt Romney's Commonwealth PAC; Deputy General Counsel for the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce (1999-2000) and as General Counsel of the Washington, D.C. Republican Party (1999-2000).
Mr. Jowers speaks fluent Dutch, Flemish, and German.
Described by the Salt Lake Tribune
as the "most quoted man in Utah," Mr. Jowers is a frequent media commentator and lecturer on politics, campaign finance laws, government ethics, and the First Amendment. Below is a list of his recent media mentions.
- Caplin & Drysdale Lawyers Earn Best Lawyers Ranking, Caplin & Drysdale, August 21, 2014
- The Washington Post Lists Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys Among the Top Attorneys in D.C., The Washington Post, April 30, 2014
- Kirk Jowers Quoted Regarding McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission Ruling, The Center for Public Integrity, April 22, 2014
- 19 Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys Achieve Best Lawyers in America Ranking, U.S. News & World Report, October 21, 2013
- Kirk Jowers Honored by Hinckley Institute, The Daily Utah Chronicle, September 18, 2013
- Kirk Jowers Listed Among Romney's Top Power Players, The Salt Lake Tribune, September 26, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America Ranks 19 Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, U.S. News & World Report, September 1, 2011
- The Daily Utah Chronicle Profiles Kirk Jowers, The Daily Utah Chronicle, January 25, 2011
- 19 Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, August 4, 2010
- Huntsman Tapped: Obama's Selection of China Envoy Sets Off a Political Furor, Deseret News, May 17, 2009
- Governor Huntsman's Appointment to Be China's New Ambassador, KUTV 2, May 16, 2009